Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What You Eat

The only implication I can think of is if you do something or cause something it is your responsibility to fix it or deal with it. I think it is worried about how we do not always think of the consequences when we do something wrong or consequential.

Something I noticed is that the mother is missing completely out of the story. I kind of think if she were in the story she would teach the young boy a different way to deal with his problem of killing animals for sport. But, the mother was nowhere to be found. Instead you hade your psychopathic father who “took things a few steps too far.” I noticed that not until the end did they tell us that the father was an alcoholic. They left that out at the beginning of the story. Now I know I am probably about the put in an more of an emotion than an analysis but this man was mentally ill which then made his son somewhat mentally ill. I do not quite understand why near the end the son would stand naked in the road with a knife and fork. I picked up that he wanted his father to hit him with the car, kill him and have to eat him. If that is so, the boy is just as crazy as his father. I never caught the reason why they spent so much time digging trenches. They may have said but I do not remember why exactly.

I honestly cannot figure what this story is really trying to suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment