Thursday, January 22, 2009

Observation on Thursday 22nd

Earlier today I was sitting outside the classroom waiting for my class to start when I over heard a conversation between two students. Most of it was difficult to pick up.

Al stands against the wall in his black leather coat, denim blue jeans, and brown boating shoes glances over at the girl against the other side of the wall searching in her pink book bag. "Are you glad you received the email from Bruce?" said Al to Tara. She nodded, "He says I would make a good CL, he keeps asking me but I do not have time because I am in field hockey," rolling her eyes. Then while digging through her pink book bag for a second time Al commented that if you are a CL you get paid. Tara sighed saying that she wouldn’t have any idea how to deal with that or what to even show people. Al seeing Tara was uninterested changed the topic. “So, what class do you have next?” “Second part of English composition, and I have two more to take.” Out of the blue Al bluntly states that he likes to learn. He glances at the Citograph he holds loosely in his left hand. His hands are thin and pale while his knuckles are white. “My longest day of the week is today, I have 6 hours worth of classes, unfortunately” she utters not looking toward his direction. The discussion of optometry arises, Al and Tara talk about the many aspects of being an Optometrist. Al asks her, eye brows raised, what her major is. She immediately tells him nursing. Jokingly, he tells her that she will most likely be here until she is 30. She laughs as they both glance at their watch. Saying their goodbyes, they walk away in opposite directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment