Monday, February 2, 2009

Strategies and Techniques

I have used the Method, which includes opposite binaries, strands, anomalies, pattern of repetition, exact repetitions, and contrast. I have also used paraphrasing, summarizing, prompts, notice and focus (ranking), and defining significant parts and how they are related. I have tried (don’t know if I succeeded) to make the implicit explicit and finding implications. I have tried for the first time to use the “seems to be about X but could also be (is really) about Y” concept in the last piece we read. I have used the technique of searching for a pitch, a complaint, and a moment.
I have not used free writing because I felt free writing would make it more random, and I assumed we were trying to use the other methods and techniques. I want to continue to try 10 on 1 concept. I have almost gotten there but it ended up being more like 5 on 1. That I need to work on. I also need to improve my “asking so what” technique. I do not think I have used pushing observations to conclusions as much as I need to. There is still a lot of work I need to do with some of these techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment